Autosol 5000 is a universally resistant, high quality direct emulsion for a wide range of screen printing applications.
- This blue medium/high solids emulsion is supplied with a Diazo powder for ease of use. The Dual Cure photocuring system used in Autosol 5000 maximises the emulsion durability making it ideal for use with a wide range of solvent based, UV curable or water based inks.
- An easy to use, high quality emulsion that will give excellent results under a wide range of processing conditions. Autosol 5000 will work on all mesh types and counts and the universal resistance makes it an excellent choice for most screen printing applications.
- Industrial and graphics screen printing
See 'How to Guide' for detailed advice
WORKING INSTRUCTIONS & SAFE HANDLING
Sensitising of Emulsion
NOTE: NEW ‘DIRECT ADDITION’ OF DIAZO
Handle AUTOSOL 5000 under yellow fluorescent tubes or low wattage Tungsten light. AUTOSOL 5000 is supplied as a two pack kit comprising the emulsion and powder sensitiser in a sachet.
Prior to sensitising read ‘Safety Data Sheet’. Mix the two components as follows:
1. Cut the powder diazo sachet open using a pair of scissors (DO NOT OPEN WITH TEETH).
2. Add the powder diazo sensitiser DIRECTLY to the emulsion. (DO NOT DISSOLVE THE SENSITISER IN WATER OR ADD ADDITIONAL WATER TO THE EMULSION).
3. Stir thoroughly for approximately 2-3 minutes to ensure emulsion is sensitised throughout.
4. Allow the emulsion to de-gas for 15 minutes before use.
Unused polyester/nylon Autoprep Gel and Universal Mesh Prep
Used polyester/nylon Universal Mesh Prep
Stainless Steel Universal Mesh Prep
Coating & Drying
Stand the screen on edge, angled away from the operator and, using a good quality coating trough, proceed as follows:
1. Apply 2 coats to the underside of the screen.
2. Apply 2 coats to squeegee side.
3. The screen should be dried horizontally, squeegee side up and stored under dark or yellow light conditions. Dry the screen at a maximum temperature of 30°C (86°F).
4. Additional coatings may be applied to the underside of the screen with intermediate drying.
CORRECT EXPOSURE IS ESSENTIAL FOR OPTIMUM STENCIL PERFORMANCE. UNDEREXPOSURE WILL GIVE A WEAK STENCIL AND REDUCE RESISTANCE.
Remove dust from the surface of the stencil and tape positive in position. Place entire screen in a suitable vacuum frame and expose. We recommend use of the Autotype Exposure Calculator for test exposures to ascertain correct timing. Exposure times below should be used as a guide:-
Exposure Time (minutes)*
* Based on 2+2 coating on 90/cm (230/inch) dyed monofilament polyester mesh.
Washout & Drying
Wash out the screen from both sides with a strong spray of water. Continue the washout until all parts of the image appear clean and sharp. Blot off surplus moisture with newsprint or a leather and dry at a maximum temperature of 30°C (86°F).
Spot out blemishes with sensitised emulsion.
Remove ink from the screen, with Autosolve screen cleaner. Apply Autostrip to both sides of the screen. Leave standing for 5 minutes. The stencil can then be removed with a strong water jet or high pressure stripper. If a stain or ghost image still remains, use Autokleen Plus.