Autotex Steel is a high quality textured film, consisting of a polyester base coated with a flexible chemically bonded, UV-cured textured coating.
- Available in the Steel finish
- Compatible with solvent & UV curing screen inks and many UV curing ink jet printers
- Embossing capabilities for membrane touch switch applications
- Compatible with Windotex enabling clear windows to be incorporated on parts
- Part of a family of Autotex films which include Autotex AM, XE, Ink Jet, DP
- Consistent low gloss, textured surface that when printed with mirror inks gives an excellent replication of stainless steel
- Impact resistant unlike stainless steel
- Anti-fingerprinting properties unlike stainless steel
- Can incorporate secret till lit features unlike stainless steel
- Transparent (text and images can be second surface printed retaining full clarity through the hardcoat)
- Extensive flex life of >5 million actuations
- Extremely durable and resistant to scratching, scuffing, chemicals and solvents
- Excellent colour clarity when printed
The introduction of Autotex Steel allows screen printers to produce a range of products that re-create the effect of stainless steel, but with all the benefits you have come to expect with Autotex films. These include high abrasion, solvent and chemical resistance, a film flexible enough to be embossed and withstand >5 million actuations. Autotex Steel is also receptive to a wide range of graphic and windowing inks allowing creative designers the opportunity to produce unique graphics and designs.
- Autotex Steel
- Autotex S150, S200 for solvent graphic inks
- Autotex S157, S207 for UV graphic inks
Autotex Steel has an ink adhesion primer on the second surface. This primer confers excellent adhesion to a wide range of graphic inks.
Autotex Steel can be screen printed with Windotex to obtain a clear window. For optimum printing recommendations please refer to the specific Autotex Steel section on the Windotex product data sheet.
Autotex Steel has limited long term resistance to UV light and therefore is not recommended for long term use outdoors. In order to overcome this issue, MacDermid Autotype has specially developed Autotex XE, a UV resistant version of Autotex.