Autoflex EB is a high quality, screen printable, hard coated polyester film, consisting of a base polyester and an embossable, texturable, chemically bonded UV-cured hard surface coating.
- Option of finishes; Gloss and Antiglare
- Compatible with solvent & UV curing screen inks and many UV curing ink jet printers
- Embossing capabilities for membrane touch switch applications
- Compatible with Fototex enabling selective texturing to be incorporated on parts
- Extensive flex life of >5 million actuations
- Extremely durable and resistant to scratching, scuffing, chemicals and solvents
- Excellent colour clarity when printed
- Gloss or Antiglare finishes that are absolutely consistent across the film surface
- Autoflex EB Gloss
- Autoflex EBG130L, EBG180L, EBG250L for solvent graphic inks
- Autoflex EBG137L, EBG187L for UV graphic inks
- Autoflex EB Antiglare
- Autoflex EBA130L, EBA180L, EBA250L for solvent graphic inks
- Autoflex EBA137L, EBA187L for UV graphic inks
Autoflex EB has an ink adhesion primer on the second surface. There are two primer options, one for solvent inks, the other for UV inks. These primers provide excellent adhesion to a wide range of graphic inks. For information on which primer is suitable for digital printing please contact email@example.com.
Please note that some of the electrical and mechanical properties of the 7 series films differs from the standard product. Please refer to the Autoflex (7 Series) product data sheet.
Polyester films with high gloss surfaces are prone to blocking when stored with the film surfaces touching each other. Blocking is the term given when two surfaces adhere or merge into each other and when separated leave un-removable marks on the film. For this reason MacDermid Autotype supply the Autoflex film range with a protective laminate and recommend that the laminate remains in place until the first print pass.
Autoflex EB can be screen printed with Fototex to obtain selective textures (see Fototex product data sheet).
In common with most other plastics, Autoflex EB has limited long term resistance to UV light and therefore is not recommended for long term use outdoors. MacDermid Autotype has developed a textured, UV resistant film, which can be used outside. Please see Autotex XE Product Data Sheet.
No outdoor version of Autoflex EB is available.