The product is a formable hardcoated polycarbonate film with a coating designed to 'Self Heal' after abrasion. The high formability and abrasion resistance of the product is superior compared with conventional hardcoated polycarbonates.
A formable hardcoated polycarbonate film for medium draw Film Insert Moulding (FIM) applications. Autoflex® HiForm™ PC is designed for 3D FIM applications and has a gloss finish on both sides of the film and is currently available in 180 and 250 micron thicknesses.
The self healing coating enhances the durability of parts. 3D shapes can be created due to Autoflex® HiForm™ PC formability.
- Excellent cosmetic quality.
- Easily formable by thermoforming or pressure forming.
- Provides a scratch resistant surface.
- High gloss finish.
- Low hazard compared to spray painting
- Telecommunications - Mobile telephone/pager lenses and body parts
- White Goods - Home appliance fascias
- Brown Goods - Electronics fascias
- Automotive - Shallow formed bazels, interior trims and displays