Aquate Fine is a water based screen printable selective texturing varnish for Film Insert Moulding (FIM) applications. In use the products are screen printed onto the areas of the flat FIM substrate where texture or gloss control is required, then dried using a hot air drier. The printed film can then be deep formed to produce 3D parts. The coatings must then be UV cured to produce very hard reagent resistant surfaces.
Aquatex Fine is a water based, screen printable texturing ink which gives a fine, mid gloss texture. The product is deep formable.
Aquatex Fine can be blended with the other Aquatex FPH™ products to give an infinite range of texture and gloss options.
The textures produced are extremely hard and durable and withstand attack from a wide range of chemicals and solvents. When selectively printed it enables the integration of glossy and textured areas on a single FIM part.
- Create a custom ‘feel’ for a part by blending with other Aquatex FPHTM products
- Flexibility to selectively texture areas of a film
- Excellent solvent resistance
- Highly abrasion resistant
- Deep formable by thermoforming, pressure or in-mould forming
- Conforms with most OEM specifications