The product is a formable hardcoated polycarbonate film available in 180µ and 250µ thickness with a gloss finish on the hardcoated side and a matt second surface. A protective laminate is supplied on the hardcoated surface.
After forming to the shape required the product is designed to be UV cured to provide maximum scratch and chemical resistance. The product offers Taber resistance and solvent resistance comparable to conventional non-formable hardcoated polycarbonate. The weatherability performance of the product has been found to conform with the requirements of automotive interior trim specifications.
Autoflex XtraForm™ M is designed for deep draw 3D Film Insert Moulding (FIM) applications and is ideal for robot handling. The matt second surface produces excellent slip characteristics when handled, as the film is supplied without protective laminate on the second surface.
A formable hardcoated polycarbonate film suitable for deep draw in Film Insert Moulding (FIM) applications.
All the hardness and chemical resistance of conventional hardcoats, but with deep form capability
- High gloss finish
- Enhanced chemical resistance
- Scuff, scratch and gouge resistant
- Ability to form deep draw 3D parts
- No sticking when stacked for robot feeding
- No laminate to remove prior to printing
The film is designed for Film Insert Moulding (FIM). The part is printed on the reverse, moulded to the shape required and finally injection moulded on the reverse to give increased rigidity.
The technique has applications in:
- Automotive - Heater controls (HVACs), Multimedia and Navigation Bezels and interior decorative trims
- Telecommunications - Mobile telephone/pager lenses and body parts
- White goods - Home appliance fascias
- Brown Goods - Electronics fascias