Autotex® is a high quality textured polyester film, consisting of a base polyester with a flexible, chemically bonded and UV-cured textured coating.
- Option of textures; Fine and Velvet.
- Compatible with solvent & UV curing screen inks and many UV curing ink jet printers.
- Embossing capabilities for membrane touch switch applications.
- Compatible with Windotex™ enabling clear windows to be incorporated on parts.
- Part of a family of Autotex® films which include Autotex® AM, XE, Steel, Softouch, Ink Jet, DP.
- Extensive flex life of >5 million actuations.
- Extremely durable and resistant to scratching, scuffing, chemicals and solvents.
- Excellent colour clarity when printed.
- Tough and highly durable but tactile to touch.
- Low gloss textures that are absolutely consistent across the film.
- Electro Luminescence Lamps.
- Fascia Panels and Overlays.
- Medical Applications.
- Membrane Touch Switches.
- Product Labels and Nameplates.
Autotex® F150, F200, F280 for solvent graphic inks
Autotex® F157, F207 for UV graphic inks
Autotex® V150, V200, V280 for solvent graphic inks
Autotex® V157, V207 for UV graphic inks
Autotex®; has an ink adhesion primer on the second surface. There are two primer options, one for solvent inks, the other for UV inks. These primers provides excellent adhesion to a wide range of graphic inks. For information on which primer is suitable for digital printing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that some of the electrical and mechanical properties of the 7 series films differs from the standard product. Please refer to the Autotex® (7 Series) product data sheet.
Autotex® can be screen printed with Windotex™ to obtain a clear window (see Windotex™ product data sheet). Autotex® Fine, because of its lighter texture, will produce clearer windows than Autotex® Velvet.
Autotex® has limited long term resistance to UV light and therefore is not recommended for long term use outdoors. In order to overcome this issue, MacDermid Autotype has specially developed Autotex® XE, a UV resistant version of Autotex®.
- Autotex All Grades-PDS-English (.PDF)
- Film Systems-Brochure-English (.PDF)
- Film Systems-Brochure-French (.PDF)
- Film Systems-Brochure-German (.PDF)
- Film Systems-Brochure-Italian (.PDF)
- Film Systems-Brochure-Russian (.PDF)
- Film Systems-Brochure-Spanish (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - Russian (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - German (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - Spanish (.PDF)
How to Guides
- Cutting Recommendations - Autotex
- Avoid Edge Shattering during Cutting - Autotex
- Embossing Recommendations - Autotex
- Printing Recommendations - Autotex
- Solvent Resistance Summary - Autotex
- UV Lacquer Adhesion - Autotex
- Solvent Resistance & Environmental Data - Autotex AM
- Solvent Resistance & Environmental Data - Autotex
- Autotex v's Polycarbonate - Chemical Resistance
- Solvent Resistance & Environmental Data - Autotex XE
- Pencil Hardness Test Method